Paper Dolls Closet

   

     Remember that surprise I was talking about on my previous post? Well, this is it. I, along with one of my best friends have decided to put up a small business. It was kind of a revelation for me during one late night last month. I decided to put my Fashion Design education background and love of arts to use and offered my friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram a customized shorts promo.

     It's summer here in Manila and like I've said, it's really hot. Plus, tie-dyes and ombre are sooooo in. Also, my favorite summer clothing - high waist denim shorts. I've also noticed how studs are no longer just for punks but also for girly-girl fashionistas now.

     Thus, I decided to put up this little business. I do everything on my own as of now: shopping for materials, dyeing, studding, sewing (hand sewn. My sewing machine's broken) and distressing. But my business partner, Carla, is the brain behind the business. She manages the logos, websites and accounts. I'm pretty much just the crafty part. Soon, i hope, we'll get to afford to mass produce our products. But as of now, we settle for customized ones. We make our clients/customers choose the style they want and we make their orders for them.

     I've never been interested on business and I never really planned or intended on putting up one on my own, but this can be a start of something I once - and still have - passion for: fashion. I dunno, maybe someday, if God allows it, I'll have a store up on my own and be a fashion designer still even if I didn't get to graduate with that as my degree. ♥

     Spread the word. Spread the love.

     A.

     *For orders and/or inquiries, e-mail us at thepaperdollscloset@yahoo.com






   

No comments:

Post a Comment