2013 is MY year!

     Ever noticed how almost everyone claims that "it's going to be my year" every New Year? If you haven't and I'm the only one who does notice...then I guess I'm a nerd. But I am proud to say that I am not one of those people. The only time I claimed that THIS is going to be my year was when 2013 arrived.

     I hate to say it but... I told you so!

     January 31, 2013 (Thursday), I was scheduled for an interview at the US Embassy Manila at 9AM. I've rehearsed and prepared so much for it that I was getting sick of it. The night before the interview, suddenly, all the people around me were saying that I wasn't ready and that I should reschedule. Know what I did? I defied all of them and went ahead to the interview at 7AM the next day.

     As I waited for my turn to be interviewed, I observed the other people around me: fellow students, professional looking people, stressed people, sad people, quiet people, and praying people. I was among the praying people group.

      All the odds were against me. I need not explain but yes, I was brave for even applying for a US visa. But you see, I have faith. I don't just hope... I have faith. I believe in greater power. One that controls everything around us. One that has the ability to change the paths we get to. In short, I believe in God. I know that in this generation, only few believe but I am not among those.

     Before I bravely headed off to the Embassy, I printed out some inspirational messages so I had something to read and do while I'm waiting. My mom advised this to me and I followed it. I'm glad that I did.

     You see, it is very nerve wrecking to be sitting in a place where you will receive a verdict as to whether you can or can not go out of your country and do what you want. They have control over you. I really don't like the thought of it. I felt like I would puke even if I had nothing in my stomach. So, I pulled out the 9-page long print outs and I started to read.

     Miraculously, the very first things I read were exactly what I needed to read/hear.


     After reading this, I suddenly felt calm and assured that I will get my visa approved. And voila! After a few minutes, my number was called and it was my turn to be interviewed.

     My number was 1272.

     I don't believe in luck. I believe that this was all His doing. It was my turn to be happy. It was time to finally get away from my country again and experience new and great things in life!

     So, by March 2013, I'll be heading off to Minnesota! I don't know if I'd have internet access there so my posts won't be as frequent as it is now. But, I'd still try. :)

     I hope you guys have great news to share as well! We are all blessed. You just need to name them one by one so as to know how many they are. ♥

     A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment