Sunshine State

     Now that I have transferred photos here in my laptop, I can share with you guys my daily view around here at Sunshine State or Florida. 

     I've been here for almost a month now...and well, I haven't hopped on a plane towards home, crying...so I must be doing good. Right? 

     But who am I to complain, really. I wanted this. So I must persevere and continue on working hard here. Even if most time I just want to cry and go back home. I have deeper reasons for being here than earning money, you know. 

     Anyway, here at Panama City Beach a lot of spring breakers are roaming around partying all day and night nowadays. Don't really care about them so long as they don't bother me. But it's disturbing how daily, I hear news about deaths and accidents concerning these people. Due to over drinking and partying, they either end their lives or their vacations early because they end up in jail. 

     Earlier today, my co-worker and I saw a young woman being questioned by the police at the side of the road. Based on what I heard as I walked past them, the woman was being sanctioned for drinking since she was underage, apparently. How did the police know she was drinking? She was "smart" enough to carry around a huge mug of alcoholic beverage in broad daylight at the middle of the main highway. Smart move. Now I don't know if she's in jail already or is being picked up by her lawyer and parents at the area's precinct. 

     Alright. Enough with the sad and disturbing fact about this place. If you look past all these drama... you'll see what a picturesque city it actually is. Empty and vast... it still is something. 





     Although personally, I would never want to live here. I don't like the sun and the beach. But for a vacation, why not? I bet my friends would want to go here. 

     I hope that you guys have been to some place that you love lately... 

     A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment