Over Exposed

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.” - Helen Keller


     During my 4th freshman year in college (I wasn't held back or didn't repeat in school because I'm stupid or anything... I know you're thinking that!), I took up Basic Photography. 

     One of our first lessons were how to handle a manual SLR camera and the types of lighting. My favorite is over exposed

     If I am not mistaken, it is the kind of lighting where in the photo, more white is seen rather than the dark sides or part of the subject. 

     Only now did I realize that somehow, in life, it is better to see more light rather than wallow into the darkness. Especially now in my situation where I am tired every single moment of my life due to work and very homesick... I'm always in the verge of giving in to darkness. In this case, darkness being depression...not murder/evil kind of way. 

     Sunshine state, they call this place. Literally, the sun is always bright. It's annoying for me, really because I don't like the sun. Well, I don't like that it makes my skin go darker. But, I have been loving it on the sole purpose of giving me decent looking photos lately. 

     The trick is, it highlights your features and washes away the blemishes. ;) 

     

     Aside from the sunlight, of course, with some new editing and camera apps, I am able to manipulate the lighting some more. But not all the way through! I love the natural light. 


     This one, for instance has azure hues. I did it so that my eyes' color would pop out. I don't have blue or green eyes like most of the people here in FL do... But with a little tweak, having brownish black eyes helps me stand out from all of them. Which feels great! 


     If you're wondering why the shadows are striped... it's because I was sitting beside a window with blinds.  I think it adds more effect to the photo. I'll probably try to do it using lace. What great pattern will that turn out! ♥ 

     Remember, no matter how dark things may seem, just think positive! Think of that light at the end of the tunnel... you'll see and get there someday. We all will. 

     Not sure if it's Dumbledore who said it... but without darkness, we will never see the light. 

     Stay happy! 

     A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment