Hey!

     Yay! I have just received a package from my Uncle in Utah...and now, I have a laptop! I know it's not that big a deal to some of you but...when you're far from home and there's not much to see around the place you're at, you are going to want a computer where you can watch, download, type, save and do things that not even smartphones can completely satisfy.
 
     However, this is completely eating me alive. Seriously. I keep pressing the wrong things with the cursor because Windows 8 is not that friendly... in comparison with Windows 7, that is.
 
     Aside from this new laptop, something else came in today: new roommates. They're 2 girls from Thailand. Which is nice since we instantly have something to talk about since I was in their country just late last year. It's really funny because they haven't been here in our apartment for more than 5 minutes and already, they went up to our neighbors and knocked on their doors to borrow vacuum cleaners to clean our home's carpet.
 
     You might be wondering why I didn't bother doing that since I've been living here for more 1 week and 3 days already but I have an excuse! Not just because I'm lazy but also because I want to transfer to a different apartment -- one that is closer to my work location.
 
     During my first day at work, I had to walk for more than an hour just to get home! The bus or trolley in this area is so scarce! And the taxis/cabs? They take forever to arrive after you call them. You can't just flag or wave them down like in the big cities... So it's more difficult.
 
     To add to that, spring breakers are all over the area! So many drunk people. Not to mention half naked people are walking around...acting all drunk and jerky and bitchy. But... to put it in their words, they're simply having fun. Which, I obviously do not get.
 
     No photos today, though. I haven't transferred my photos from my iPhone yet. And the laptop's empty for now.
 
     Talk to you all tomorrow! ;)
 
     A.

No comments:

Post a Comment