Filipino Music Icon

     It's weird how I can sometimes be so ahead of all the people (fashion trends) and also be too late (this) about other things. 

     What is it that I'm referring to, you might ask -- Liking The Eraserheads, or in this case, Ely Buendia. 

     Everyone knows who he is, who they are. Well, who they were since the band's broken up now. But still, I have never appreciated Filipino music. Honestly. But all along, without knowing how, I know the songs of The Eraserheads. The popular ones, of course. Who in the world - or in this case, the Philippines - does NOT know the song "Ang Huling El Bimbo"??? I've been ignorant, yes. But not that ignorant. 

     After watching the movie "The Reunion" (which I later found out was the title of one of Eraserhead's albums), my eyes and ears opened up to appreciate the Filipino music icon that has been there all along. I shake my head in disapproval to myself. I am in shame for not having been present at the band's concerts before or even listening to their music. 

     Anyway, to the fans out there, I am not your enemy. I never looked down at your fave band. I just never noticed. But don't worry, I now noticed, alright. I am living in deep regret. 

     To make up for time loss and all, I made it a point to go to the mall show of the ever famous and talented Ely Buendia at Glorietta, Makati a few weeks back. Not only did I get to watch for free, but I had the time of my life! I wasn't expecting the few songs I actually know that Ely Buendia sang to be performed that night aside from Ang Huling El Bimbo, I only know Magasin (which I only found out from the movie - which I will later talk further about). 

     Long story short: it was an awesome night and I enjoyed the music! Also, I was so excited and happy to see that one of the violinists that played that evening was my friend who was majoring in Music at the previous college I attended. 


Scored a SEAT! One had to spend 500pesos in any store in Glorietta to get a ticket. I didn't
purchase anything - but I borrowed a receipt from someone and claimed the ticket for free!
I spend zero pesos. Hahaha. Yay! 



     Of course, I after the show, I had to have an "outfit" photo shoot. Hahahaha. I've been seeing posts in Instagram, Lookbook and Tumblr regarding this pair of shorts. Seems that they all got theirs from ZARA. I also saw this kind of shorts there once. But as usual, I couldn't afford it. So, typical me... had to find a look alike! 

     Will talk about the movie on my next post! This post is far too long already. ;) 

     A. 
Lace shorts! ♥ 


To balance out the femininity of the shorts, I wore a WTF shirt. Hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment