This Week

     Evidently, I cannot think of a creative title for this post. I have a reason though: I'm hungry. Normal people, when hungry, cannot think properly. Therefore, I conclude that I am somewhat normal. Even in just that sense.
     My school had the blessing/launching of our new Media Center. They required us to wear 'corp attire' which, if you ask me, don't suit me at all since i look like a little girl trying to play dress up as a professional. The night before the launch, I was literally turning my walk-in closet inside-out in order to find some pieces that, if not official corp attire, resemble something of the like. Thankfully, my eldest sister majored in International Business and she has lots of corp attires. So, I borrowed one of her simple black blazer, wore a plain black spaghetti strap and paired it with orange floral skirt to add a bit of color and fun to my boring peg. Business. Pfft.

Posing at the Electronic Newsroom as if I were
the one in charge. 

Due to hectic schedule, I ended up eating
my McDo pancakes by the floor.

     After I got home, my sisters and I went to The Fort and went shopping. As usual, my youngest sister and I spend almost all our money from buying food. I know. We can be such pigs. But hey, cupcakes from Cupcakes by Sonja are irresistible! So you can't blame me for buying 3 for just myself.

'Cookie Monster' cupcake!

     Oh. I almost forgot the absolute highlight of my day: I bought a book. Want to know why I consider it THE highlight of my day? See, we went to Fullybooked and I was so happy that the book i was looking for was there! I grabbed a copy and went around the 5-leveled bookstore holding it to my chest because I was thinking hard and trying to feel something as to whether I was going to buy it. It was kinda pricey and I didn't want to spend my week's savings on just a single book. But I was afraid that I won't be able to find another one if I didn't buy it then and there. So. I bought it.
     My sisters and I went back to the main mall and decided to go to National Bookstore to see if the book my sister was looking for is available there. Sigh. It was there alright... So was the book I just purchased. For half the price!!! How unfair is that? Like, seriously. But it was reasonable. I bought the hardbound one and I saw the paperback one too late.

This book is so sweet and I can totally relate to it.
See what I mean?

     Anyway, I've been searching for the perfect high-waist denim shorts that compliments my body shape. Unfortunately, it's harder than I thought! I couldn't find such shorts...until I entered Topshop.

Black spaghetti strap and blue lace blouse from Forever21.
Denim shorts from Topshop.
Black lace flats from Janylyn.

My view from the car on our way home. Pretty sunset!

     Today, I was surprised when someone gave me 3 necklaces. My birthday's on February and not even then do I receive such gifts. But then that person said that it was a late Christmas present. Aren't they lovely? I adore owls! Thank heavens I made that obvious... because then, that person wouldn't have had any idea as to what to give me.

Pretty necklaces!

     That's pretty much what my entire week was. I hope you had an awesome week! Tomorrow, we'll be celebrating the Chinese New Year! ♥ Welcome Year of the Dragon!!!

1 comment: