Page 13 of 366

     You know how almost everyone on Twitter is referring to the day as a page of 2012 which has 366 days? Yeah, that's what's with the title. Don't worry, this'll be the 1st and last that I use as such for a title.
     Anyway, since Wednesday, Pachig's been asking me to meet him at Ayala Triangle at 8am on Friday. Even though it's so early, considering the facts that I don't have classes on Friday and that's the only day of the week wherein I don't need to wake up early and my migraine which has been torturing me for the entire week already, I still said yes. I haven't seen him since last year (Literally. Last time I saw him was Dec.31,2011).
     He gave me 2 specific instructions on what I shall do when I come to meet him: (1) I shall wear a dress and (2) braid my hair.
     I didn't ask him where we'd go and what we'd do. He said it was a surprise. I used to hate surprises. But this guy taught me to like them. And now I do like surprises. So I didn't ask.
     Come Friday, the 13th of January 2012, I got up at 6:30 in the morning and got ready. By 8am, I was in a van, commuting to Makati. I'm used to going to Makati, but I usually go down at Greenbelt or Landmark and the malls are open by that time. But that day was different. I was to go down at Ayala Triangle at 8 in the morning. I didn't have the fear of getting lost. I know the area well. But the idea of going down at the wrong place and having to walk around the business district in my floral dress and braided hair during rush hour in the country 's business district was quite preposterous. That would be so embarrassing.
     Luckily, I was born with a good sense of direction. Once I've been to a certain place once, you can never get me lost there. I'd know my way in and out of the area. I had the good sense of going down at Dela Costa Street where I know I'd just have to walk in an underpass and emerge in front of the Ayala Triangle already. So I got down and walked. Thankfully, the weather was nice. Sunny and yet the air was cool. So surreal for such a usually humid country.
     As I got near one of the entryways into the park, my cellphone rang and Pachig was calling me. I answered and he kept asking me if my dress was color brown. I frowned and looked down. My migraine has been causing my vision to blur a bit and i usually see dark spots around me... so I wasn't sure if my dress was indeed brown. He laughed and told me that he needed to hang up because he was going to hug someone. Before I can argue, I was being embraced and lifted off my feet as he swept me up and twirled us around. Haha. Cheesy right? Seems like a scene from a movie or something. But it was true. It happened. How I wish I had a photographer following me around and got shots of that particular moment.
He then treated me to a breakfast at Banapple. ♥

His Warm Chicken Salad Sandwich

My Lasagna Roll-Ups


     After eating, we walked around the park for a while. I've been there before... but always at night. We only visited the place before to watch the Symphony of Lights 2011, the dancing/musical Christmas lights display. At daylight, especially in the morning, many people are jogging around the place and some are even laying down their yoga mats and meditating there. It's such a serene place in the middle of a busy city. Kinda like the Central Park in New York, only a lot smaller.

"Lookie! I want my own helicopter too!"

No, I wasn't prepared for this photo. 
     Afterwards, we walked to Greenbelt then Landmark then Glorietta then SM Makati. Malls in Makati have bridges that connect them with one another. There were SALES everywhere! I wanted to buy so many things. But since Pachig just got out from work that morning, he wasn't in a mood to walk around the mall that much. So we only visited a few stores and I happened to buy these cute pair of booties for 50% off its original price!


     I shall visit the malls again soon! Or the sales will end. Anyway, that's how my Friday the 13th went. It was fun and memorable. I always feel lucky o Friday the 13th. Haha. In contrary to what most people believe that it's such an unlucky day. Well, sucks to be them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment