Christmas Gift: Better Late Than Never

December 31, 2011, my Bibi came over to my place at around 8 in the evening even though it was New Year's Eve. That was a huge deal for the both of us because Filipinos spend their night before the new year somewhere with their families and usually it's at home. So it was such a surprise and a sweet one at that, that he made an effort to come over and bring his late Christmas gift for me...as he promised.

Let's just say that he hasn't kept a lot of his promises before that's why this particular promise sort of surprised me when he kept his word for it. Although, as usual, he arrived late. I was supposed to leave at around 4pm to go to my relatives' house in Manila but had to postpone leaving because I was waiting for him.

Anyway, I'm not sure what this is called, but we refer to it as baseball jacket which it sort of is. He had it made especially for me! I don't really like the color combination because it reminds me a lot of my alma matter's which is a Montessori but the words embroidered in them are priceless. Only he and I can fully understand and appreciate it.

I had to use a cutter so as not to ruin the pretty wrapper
(which resembles something you'd give to newlyweds)

And finally, I can pop open the cover...

Tada! My Bibi's Christmas gift for me!

So yeah, the wrapper was all silver and so was the ribbon but what the heck? I know he paid other people to wrap it for him because he is hopeless with wrapping things. And he says that's one of the reasons why he arrived late but i don't believe him.

This surely is one of the, if not the, sweetest gift anyone has ever given me! I thank God for blessing me with this guy. Even if he isn't my boyfriend...and probably never will be. :)

Can you read what it says on the back? :)




HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment