The Dark Side Called... Literally

     Not sure if I've mentioned my love for Star Wars before, but I am telling you now: I love it. 

     I grew up knowing who the characters were and what the names of their space crafts were because my father was such a nerd (he still is). 

      I admit that my love for the entire franchise was influenced by my need to have something in common with my dad. Because I love my dad and I wanted to be the son he never had (we used to be just 3 girls but now we have a baby boy in the family so technically he has a son now). But since I got older and had more understanding of it all, I came to like it on my own terms. 

    I started to randomly collect Star Wars merchandise. Anything that has Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, and R2-D2 in it, I bought it! And then at the start of 2015 I decided to have the ultimate Star Wars Marathon. I watched all 6 films without stopping - therefore without sleep.

       Everytime I see a Lightsaber (be it on a shirt or keychain), I do little fangirl squeals. Then ask my sisters or parents to buy it for me! Even if I don't really have any use for them. 

     Last February 2015, my sisters and I went to celebrate my birthday in Hong Kong and Macau (will write a different post for that one!). I kept on telling them that my goal souvenir was to buy a pair of  Lightsaber chopsticks because where else can you buy chopsticks rather than chopstick-using country? I was wrong though. I couldn't find any in toy stores and even at Disneyland (I went to a Star Wars store at Disneyland California so I assumed that there will be one at Disneyland Hong Kong).

      But then as we were roaming around the little yet pretty town of Ngong Ping up in the mountains, we ended up in a little toy store. I was so happy and got distracted when I saw Lightsaber toys and other Star Wars merchandise! 



     It was the least place I expected to see such toys. After about ten minutes of me just pressing all the buttons that make the toys light up and make sounds, I turned to leave the shelf of Star Wars toys to look for my sisters. I panicked because I couldn't find them anywhere. We didn't have working cellphones with us so I knew I couldn't just text or call them to see where they went. I walked out of the store and walked around the neighboring shops. After a couple of minutes, I still couldn't find them and I was about to yell out their names when I saw them exiting the toy store I was just in. 

      My sisters handed me a brown paper bag and I just took it because I have become accustomed to them handing me their shopping bags because they know how I love looking like I did a lot of shopping even if the bought goodies aren't mine! Hahahaha. They, however, suddenly greeted me a happy birthday and that it was their gift to me. I exclaimed a little yay! and peeked inside the bag. 

     And that's when I yelped a louder YAAAAY! and jumped up like a little kid. Inside the paper bag was a pair of LIGHTSABER CHOPSTICKS!!! Happy birthday indeed!


      Then a couple of months ago at Divisoria, I got this really cute (albeit bulky) R2-D2 iPhone case! It's made out of rubber and it's quite big. But after using it for a couple of weeks, I got used to it. Isn't it adorable??? 


       R2-D2 is probably my favorite character because of all the squealing he made in the movies! 

      Sadly for my wallet, that is not where it ended. A couple of weeks ago, my sisters and I went to the Trendsetters Bazaar held at the Manila World Trade Center. We were just supposed to shop for clothes but I stumbled upon this store with some iPhone cases and I couldn't leave without buying Darth Vader!!!


      It's made from the same material as my R2-D2 iPhone case but less bulky. How cute is it that when someone calls you and my ringtone is the Imperial March and I pull out my phone from my bag and Darth Vader pops up. Am I the only one having fun at the thought? If so, you guys need to live a little!

      So yeah, now all I need is the Stormtrooper case. Kidding! I promise to stop buying iPhone cases. Although I do want that case with Han Solo in Carbonite. Know where I can buy one? 

        A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment