Make-Up Skills Or Lack Thereof

     It has come to my attention that I might be the last person in my circle of friends (and family) to not know how to apply make-up on. Properly, that is. 

     What with all the YouTube makeup tutorials, one might think that it'll be as easy as a 3-step bake cookie. But it's not. 

      It is safe to say and assume that I know how to draw, paint, and mix colors since I have actually studied the basics and fundamentals for it from my fashion design and fine arts studying days (and I have a knack for arts and crafts). However, I have come to the conclusion that my particular knowledge and craftiness does not automatically equate to being able to apply pretty make-up on. 

      My face is definitely not a canvas.

      So to the ladies out there who love putting make-up on: how do you do it??? 

     I really want to know because for once, I actually want to be able to learn how to apply winged eyeliner - or simply use the liquid eyeliner. I also want to know how to contour and get rid of my chubby cheeks without having to starve myself. Also, to apply on fleek eyebrows will be helpful into looking presentable when I have to run errands. 

      I don't want to be one of those women who can't go out of the house without any sort of make-up on their faces. But the basic knowledge and skills into applying it will be handy. Don't you think? 

     Among my friends and family, I really am the clueless one. My little sister applies blush on, for heaven's sake. And my big sister shops for nothing but make-up. 

      With the upcoming wedding of my friend, I've asked my big sister to help me with my make-up because I can't do it on my own. I really can't. Thankfully, she loves doing it. For the past few days we've practiced some looks on me. 

      I wanted to have golden smoky eyes. So this is the look we came up with:



     You can't really see the gold can you? I love how it looks though. Simple. But I think the false eyelashes was what pulled the look altogether. And honestly, that's probably one of the hardest things with make-up skills: applying false lashes on.

      But I knew that if I used this look for the wedding, it won't show as much on the photos. What is the purpose of applying tons of make-up on if it won't even show? I do not get the logic in that. Anyway, I wanted a little more oooompf to the look.

      So I went online and found a photo of Perrie Edwards. 

      Since then, she has officially become my EVERYTHING GOALS. I mean, have you seen her? I love her style and make-up looks! 


      
      After a few make-up tutorial videos and a trip to the mall, my sister and I had everything we need for the Perrie look! Well... close to her look. I can never be as pretty.



      So there you have it! I finally found the look I want to achieve for my friend's wedding. Minus the purple lipstick, though. It's too dramatic for me. I'll probably just sport the purple lippie if I had simpler eye make-up.

      What are your thoughts? Tips on how to put make-up on? 

      A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment