BOOK: Paper Towns

"That's always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people would want to be around someone because they're pretty... It's like picking your breakfast cereals based on color instead of taste." 

     "Paper Towns" by John Green is what I am currently reading. I haven't finished it yet and I am only halfway through the book but I am loving it

   

   At first, I was hesitant to buy or read anything by this author. Why? Because his name is known by everyone! I felt like I didn't want to read a book that everyone I know loves. I mean, everyone has read "The Fault in Our Stars"... except me. I'm stubborn like that. 

     But before I left Manila, I decided to buy a book he wrote...only, a book that I know not everyone has read. I've been hearing a lot about "Looking For Alaska" and "An Abundance of Katherines" so i didn't buy those... Haha. I got "Paper Towns".

     The characters, as far as I've read, are wonderful. Margo is type of person I want to be. She's not afraid of adventure. Not to mention the fact that I want a Q in my life as well... one who's been secretly loving me since we were little. But since I am old now, I'd let go of that dream. Haha.

    True to their words, the people I know who've read his books were correct when they said that John Green's books are easy to read. Simple yet there's a depth to it. I love authors who are able to do that. It's because some are quite preposterous when it comes to their writing but the story's just bleh. You know what I mean? 

     Anyway, I haven't finished it, but I totally recommend it as a light read to everyone. Just to take things off your mind like tiredness, anger and boredom, go and read it. ;) 

     Well, I'll update this when I finish the book! Gotta go to bed now. Good night! 

     A. 

     

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I totally understand that thing where you don't want to read what everyone reads. I'm sooo like that too!! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! It's like you want that little world to your own but everyone else has an opinion about it. How annoying. :))

      Delete