Sanctuary of Truth



     Before I flew to Thailand, I made it a point to research about the possible places and tourist spots that I might visit during my stay there. I wasn't only blessed enough to visit Bangkok (capital city of Thailand) but extra blessed to have had the opportunity to visit Pattaya -- a beach area located in the Eastern part of the country.

     I had no idea where and what was in Pattaya. I never even heard of it until I saw that it was part of our tour package. So then I decided to Google about it... and voila! I came upon a list of 'must-see' places in Pattaya and The Sanctuary of Truth was among the, if not number 1, list.

     Based on the photos I've seen on my Google search and Instagram, I became determined to not go back to the Philippines unless  I see the Sanctuary with my very own eyes! Well... I didn't realize that once I decide on something I really like, I'll really commit to it. What a revelation. Haha.

     Long story short: Sarah and I went there since Riza didn't come with us to Pattaya and she just stayed in Bangkok. Needless to say, this was definitely the highlight of my Pattaya trip... well, one of the highlights. ;)

**photo heavy post!

Look at how intricate the wood carvings are! 

Random tourist taking an elephant ride around the premises of the Sanctuary


I tried to capture ALL the angles and every detail of the beautiful temple

From the foundation to the tips of the roof, EVERYTHING is made up of wood!
Add caption
Add caption

The Sanctuary is located at the edge of a beach... this is the view from one of the windows inside
















     This post seems too long and photo heavy already, so I'd just post another one about the Sanctuary. Stay tuned! 
     A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment