August Obsessions

     Long ago I promised to keep this blog organized. But this is the only time that I remembered on doing so. Ooooops

     So let me gather my thoughts first. Obviously it's just the middle of August and you may be wondering why I am already posting up my list of obsessions (or favorites). Let's just say that these are the things that, for the longest of times, I have loved dearly and no matter what month it is, it will still be my absolute favorite. Next time, though, I'd try to keep track of the exact date and exact obsessions of the said days. 

FASHION:
     This one's mostly about which style I have been obsessing over: bohemian
     
    Last May 2013, I have had the chance to visit one of Free People's branches at The Americana, Glendale, CA. It was my very first time to go to one since they don't have any stores here in my country. I instantly fell in love with their clothes and accessories. Every time my parents took me to the mall, I'd always go there to look at the clothes and just be amazed with it. Sadly though, I can't afford it. So since then on, I have always looked to Free People for inspiration on what to wear -- I must say though, it's difficult to find even the slightest similar looking pieces at any of the stores here in Manila. They really are unique somehow. And that makes me love them even more. 




     


     I bet this kind of styling would look better if I were thinner (I've gained so much weight during my vacation -- American food is evil!). But this kind of style is suitable for the Manila weather. Usually bohemian clothes are breezy and made out of light materials. 

In New York (more of my adventures in separate post)! 
      I want this to be my personal style but every now and then I have the urge to wear Chuck Taylors or Doc Martens and that totally ruins my vegan-look. Hahahahaha. Totally love this style. ♥

FOOD:
       Personally, I don't have a "favorite food". I can probably eat anything so long as I'm craving for it or that it looks absolutely appetizing (yes, don't wonder why I've grown fat). However, there are some food that I've been eating nonstop for the past few weeks. 


1. Speculoos Cookie Butter - This shouldn't be a surprise because for the past few months, this has been the talk of everyone from Instagram to blogs to Ebay. During my stay in the US, I tried buying some of these to take back home with me. But I failed. Everyone beat me to it. You're considered lucky if you actually get to snag some of these babies. But lucky for me, one of my bestfriends has a couple of these and we shared it amongst us and ate it like there's no tomorrow. We got stuck in traffic with this and boy, I have never been so happy! Krispy Kreme has a donut flavored after this and I've been eating that a lot lately too. In my opinion, this is what they should be calling Food For The Gods and not that little pastry made with rum or the other! 


2. Salmon Sashimi - Japanese food, to be exact! But my favorite for a while now has been salmon sashimi. I used to hate Jap food especially these raw stuff...but then the tables turned and now I can't go by a day without craving for some of these! Wish I have this now while I'm writing this blog post.


 3. Starbucks' Belgian Waffle and Chocolate Chip Cream - Twice this month I've  eaten the same exact combo. I can't imagine ordering other food from Starbucks rather than these two together!


4. Milktea/Bobba Tea - Since it's the topic for my group's thesis, I have had the chance to drink a cup of this at least once a day. I know it's bad and fattening but with our ocular inspections, I feel obliged to at least order one from one of the many branches we visit every weekend. Also, it has been helping me stay up late every night since I have to study and finish school projects. I don't do coffee.


5. J. Co Donuts - Those looooooong lines that people endure just to get a handful of these? Yep, they're worth it. Especially the Alcapone flavored ones! I remember my Dad (who's never been back in Manila for 12 years) asking me about this brand and asked me to bring him some the next time I go the the US. I sure will!


6. Hello Panda! - Who doesn't love these little Pandas?! Not only are they fun to look at, but they're also fun tasting. I can live on an island solely living off of these. Seriously. 

BOOK:
     Same with the food, I do not think it is fair to say that I have a favorite. But a book I have recently read and which I can not get off my mind is "Eleanor and Park" by Raibow Rowell. It reminded me so much of my cherished high school days that I wanted to read it over and over. But since I only read it on iBooks, I kind of don't want to because it hurts my eyes. I've been wanting to buy my very own copy but it's always been out of stuck anywhere I asked! :( 


SONG:
      I don't know about you but I have absolutely no permanent taste in music. Sometimes I like the mellow ones but sometimes I want the noisy kind. For this month though, I've been listening nonstop to "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake. 

       I have also been loving "We Own It" by 2 Chainz and Wiz Khalifa. It's mostly Fast and Furious 6 to be blamed for that. ;) 

RANDOM THING:
       Okay, for this, it can be anything that I can think of. And on top of my list for August are:

         Dreamcatchers! This probably has something to do with my love for anything bohemian since I noticed that each is related to the other. I got the chance to buy 2 authentic dreamcatchers at Bryce Canyon, UT a couple of months ago. And it's just the prettiest thing I've ever seen! I even got a necklace from Chicago. ♥ 




       So that's the end of my post! I just wanted you all to know what has been causing my happiness for the past month. I've been so stressed with school and just plain sick of life that I had to see and list what I actually love and what actually makes me happy. ♥ 

       What're your favorites for this month?

        A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment