Nostalgic

     As some of you may already know, I was once taking up AB Fashion Design and Marketing at the School of Fahion and the Arts (SoFA) Manila back in 2008-2009. Although it was a 4-year Bachelor's Degree and it has been my ultimate dream to design clothes ever since I can remember, I wasn't able to finish it and I transferred to another College and took up a different course (which is also different from the present -- I have a knack for 'School Hopping').
   
     It wasn't because I don't want it anymore that I decided to quit and choose a different path for myself. It was just I didn't think I'd make it THAT far in the fashion industry... Too much competition. Anyway, I remember having class activities such as creating scarves out of scrap fabrics, researching in the Design Center of the Philippines and finding inspiration for accessories design from the said research, studying and understanding the history of style and clothes, creating mood boards and patterns and of course, shopping for fabric.

     Where else can one get cheaper fabric and heck of a lot of choices than in Divisoria? Some time around the end of last month, Pachig and I went to Divi (as more commonly called) to buy fruits (cheap ones. EVERYTHING in Divi is cheaper compared to other places) and some fabric and appliques. And wouldn't you know it: Summer Color Blocking is apparently trending in the fabric labyrinth!





     On our way home, we came across this street in Manila... I call it MY street. Hahahaha!  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment